too much thoughts will kill me



Responsibilities.

Big word. It’s quite scary.

Yeah I know we all go through that, at some point in our lives, we do need to assume roles because it is what growing up is all about. But sometimes, these thoughts about roles do scare me. Big time.

My sister’s father-in-law just had an Angioplasty operation done. It is a medical procedure referring to the unblocking of the veins of the heart (not quite sure medically). That certain operation is offered only in Manila and thus, my brother-in-law flew into Manila to support his father.

So then, I asked my sister “how much does it cost for this operation?” My sister replied, “perhaps 800K to a million plus”. My goodness! Certainly, health is everyone’s wealth. I just can’t imagine…

My stubborn mind has gone to the Alps and back. Again. I hate to think about it and have stopped myself from doing so but… I don’t think I could afford an operation like that. Mentally computing, my brother-in-law has got three more siblings so the cost might have chipped them off more or less 300k each. God forbid, my sister and I… we’re only 2! Surely, we cannot afford 600k each.

Because of my stupid thoughts, I lay in bed motionless, staring at the ceiling and then and there, I felt depressed. I felt as if, there’s no way to survive. You know, most often that not, your strengths are pretty much your weaknesses. I just can’t imagine.

These thoughts rob out the best of me. Seriously, I am not afraid for myself; I can die a sudden death and would be much more pleased than slowly dying in the hospital with the hair falling off. But who can choose their illnesses? Or cause of death for that matter? One thing that scares me off the edge is the thought about my parents. My separation anxiety comes back each time I think of them.

To calm my senses, I always do a lot of reflection. My realization is this: we are all helpless. We are all just living a borrowed life, and when our creator wants it back, who are we not to succumb? I am praying though that even if future seems blurry and seemingly scary, we’ll come out of it proud to have lived our life the way God wants us to be.


I get this vibe that I am creating my own misery. This is a part of me that I wanted to get away from. I am getting crazy. Ugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend