favorite place

What’s your most favourite place among the places that you’ve visited?

1… 2… 3… 5 seconds passed and I failed to answer.

How can I choose among those places when they hold dear memories to me?
These places left an indelible mark on me about gratitude and humility.
These places made my dream come true and my imagination a living reality.

I answered, first of all, I cannot choose a least favorite place.
Each place is delightful and amazing and makes me totally in love.
Secondly, these places were straight out from the magazines.
As a kid, I’d always see myself in there.
In retrospect, I never really knew if it was possible.

Then he asked, Europe, US or Asia?

And without batting an eyelash, I answered Europe!
Why, not everyone is given the chance.
To be fair, NEW YORK is what I had envisioned it to be. Young, bustling with a peculiar hint of vintage.
It was electrifying, energy-boosting and hulluvah excruciating to be in that city.
ASIA on the other hand is rich in culture, customs and traditions.
There goes my wearing a skirt from Bangkok to Bali just because temples are supposed to be sacred and you can’t wear anything that exposes the legs. Or the culinary explosion of flavourful food rich in variety of spices found only in Asia. From saigaon to Phnom Penh to Seoul to Kyoto.

But Europe?
Everything was just larger than life. From the distinguishing ruins of Rome to Eiffel tower.
From the jaw-dropping architecture of Sagrada Familia in Barcelona to the erect of our main man, Statue of David in Florence. It was everything I can possibly dream of and more.

I literally and figuratively lost my mind as I look up and probably used up my neck muscles more than I have ever did someplace else.

If I can have one more wish, I’d want to have another go in Europe. Probably explore, Berlin, Geneva, Vienna, Prague, Budapest, and see the Northern lights somewhere in Iceland.

It doesn’t matter when, but I do hope it is sooner.

My most favorite place though is still home.
Because home is where I go to every after awesome travels.

Home is where I find refuge and rest and feel constantly safe.
(yeah, i'm so corny haha)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend