my child

Dear MY future child,

Mummy is 30 now.

Whenever I think of you, I get the peculiar sense of excitement enveloping around me.
Will you get my eyes? My odd mannerisms or my undeniable guts?
Will you get my fearless and funky attitude or my love for the arts?

I want you to know that I’m looking forward to having you in my life.
I don’t know when though, but perhaps when the time is right, God will bless me with you.

My child, I want nothing but your best interest at heart.
Mummy will give up so many things to give way for what you need and want, provided it is good for you.
Mummy will try her best to be the coolest mom she can possibly be.

I want you to know that I love you very dearly.
My hopes for you are as high as the mountains and my faith in you is stronger than the waves of the ocean.

I want you to learn the basics.
Get the best example and instill in you the kindness this life has to offer.
And when you’re ready…
I want you to go out there and be who you wanna be.
I want you to explore your limits and realize your own potential because you are more than what you can imagine.
I want you to see the world and experience cultures because It broadens your way of thinking.
I want you to go and live just like Maya Angelou once said:

“I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. 
Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.”

I will be your biggest supporter, your number one fan and defender.
I will be your Home, your refuge whenever you feel sad and blue.
I will be your light, to push you further so you won’t be afraid.

I hope to see you when God permits me to be your Mommy.


Love, Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend