Ambitions

Sayang ka!

Wow, words I think I do not want to hear. Words I expect not to hear from people who knows me best especially when it pertains to currently made decisions. I think that it provokes regrets and disappointment. It provokes lowliness rather than rising up.

But sometimes, it provokes better thinking...

We were having lunch in our very own office pantry and our boss joined us. I was silent for awhile as I am worried about the upcoming school exam. I just sat there, staring at the wall point-blankly. Then I heard my boss said something. I did not mind because I thought she was talking to my other mate. I heard her mumble, "Pee!" so I looked at her and she told me...

"What is your ambition?"

I was surprised and said "So random, Why do you ask ma'am?" She told me that she was just curious. And I said, "Well, one thing's for sure, I never imagined myself in a bank. I was just devastatingly tempted to apply for it because my friends are here and the training is in Manila" She laughed and told me the words that truly got my attention...

"Sayang ka!, If I had a face, a built and a height like that, I would've applied for the right job" And I was like, "what do you mean ma'am?" She then told me, "Well, I can see that your personality is not much of a banker type, those typical attitude, yours is more of the people-person, adventurous, fun-loving, very light, I can see that in Facebook" and there I laughed so hard. The Facebook got her, Marami na kami!

The lunch went on with a lot of sharing. The super spacious pantry (as in knee to head lang ang distance) was filled with intriguing questions. I shared that I want to go somewhere, start something out, go here and there, they too agreed but really in the end, the words of my boss hit me.

See, if she can see that in me, then it must be true. My world belongs to a more creative and productive niche.

Anyway, my motto for now is "steady, steady lang". I know that God has bigger plans for me. If I really belong to the world of showbiz (carry mo?) I really belong to it no matter what. hahaha

Basta, someday there's nothing to prove because I know there's something in store for me. I think that I have a bigger purpose. I think that the goals I set fall short of that bigger purpose. (hmmnn, so go na sa convent? hehe)

Sayang ako, Sayang ako pag hindi magiging sayo! (yan ang attitude!) =)))



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend