masks out!

Glitters, feathers, laces, rhinestones and stick glue: A way to ward off being blue!

So here it is again, our every-two-years company Christmas party! Woohoo!

Although, I don't expect a lot of spectacular activities in store as well as spectacular cuties come storming the gathering, I am hyped up for the event. This is once in a blue moon. This is something grand, a party thrown by the biggest and brightest bank in the Philippines (ahem, biased? haha)

Two years ago, we had the same event but with a different theme. That was Disney- inspired, something animated like a cosplay. I came sporting a sailormoon outfit (which I am so proud of coz I made it myself, with regards to eye bags the next morning) while all the others came with outfits rented from party hosts and children party's attractions alike.

This year is much of the sophisticated, mature and mystical effect, everyone is expected to be in black with a stunning mask on! Fabulous right? Well, It can be more fab if it's to be attended by most of my age bracket. (hushhh lol)

As the youngsters in the branch, we were told to gather the ideas for the masks that we will be wearing and that the designs should be in coordination with all of our bankmates. The task was rather simple because it is an enjoyable task. Perhaps because it has something to do with my first love: the arts.

So J and I hiked the malls with minds full of concepts. (Thanks to the internet for giving us most of it!) We visited stores one after the other and finally settled in a shop for the tailors. (thanks to the tip of client tailor I talked one sunny afternoon) We went merry-go-round to find the best materials for the concepts we have in mind and finally decided to do separate purchase of materials with our own concepts to avoid confusion and to keep focus on the established personal concepts.

We went from the bookstore to textile section. And funny how we got surprised that other branches are preparing big time for it because of us. We were spotted on the textile section while we were eye-ing for a good cloth for the mask and they interpreted it as something like, J and I are buying cloth for our to-be-sewn-custom-made-gowns! Gosh, they were threatened! lol

I made a sample and end up getting sermonized by mother dearest 'cause I slept early in the morning for it. I have to say that, the sermon part was a bit okay because the satisfaction I felt when the mask was done, was overwhelming. I could not imagine buying a one to two grand worth of mask for that specific event plus shipping and extra charges. That's too much! Why buy when I can make with my bare, soft and candle-like hands? (forgive the adjectives)

Anyway, my hands are full as of now, I was asked if I can make all 8 masks and I was speechless. I think my silence just gave them the idea of them making their own masks. (you see, silence can mean everything)

Either way, I'm still trying to improve my hand-made mask. I am still figuring out how to make an elegant, sophisticated, mystical and fabulous mask all in one sitting!

Wish me luck, I need more of it! =))



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend