truly asia

Fantastic!

Being in a place where 99% are strangers is something new and exciting. My eyes would grow its widest just to observe how these strangers act in their own land. I would enjoy sitting by the pavement and looking around. My mind would do its wander and I would forget what time it is, where I am and how I was able to get there. I am lost in my observance.

It's like travelling into a place where all you have is yourself and your English. And of course, some money to get by. It's like dreaming but you'd find yourself lost in the vision of your dreams as it comes to reality.

So, Malaysia was what I kinda envisioned. The place, the view, the language and of course, the bigger component, its people. Kuala Lumpur is like a hybrid of the rich and the poor countries. It stands in between. It has in it various religion, various culture and economic wisdom. (Why economic wisdom? Currency at 14php equivalent, streets wide and smooth, It's like PH's upgraded version)


Fortunately, our hotel is just along Bukit Bintang, a stretch of malls and shops as well as bars and pubs are gathered meters away. It's like the center of Kuala Lumpur where what you see is a diversity of culture and of races. You'd get to the window and 12am is so alive, with the music on, the lights glow and the people out. (so different from home)





Honestly, arriving there was a disappointment at first. The taxi driver announced the fare without the meter on. The side streets are not much of a good sight. I hate how guys looked and pry about your affairs. It's not much of a developed country I had in my mind. I mean, coming from SG a day before, I have in my mind, a similar structured place, or yes, some slight difference. Just slight. I told myself, I don't like it there. I have no reeason to come back to KL but Only to find myself confused a day after.

While riding the monorail, I saw the other side of the city. I saw in particular, the other side of our road. In fact, my first night was wasted since I was not in the mood to go out and chose to sleep earlier than expected. I only realized I was missing a lot on my second night...

I told my good friend that we go strolling along our road as I saw the huge malls along it. We hiked the northern stretch and ohmy! I saw what I was looking for. The shops, the bars the night sights was simply awesome. What made it more fantastic is the lights. Christmas is in the air in KL!

I was amazed at how those people prepare for christmas. It seemed to me that every mall would never really claim to be one if it has no christmas tree. The christmas lights made me feel delighted. I felt so right to be just there. In my mind, This is a Moslem city and yet, Christmas is something very special here. I just felt somehow weird as I saw them taking pictures by the Christmas trees as if they also celebrate Jesus' nativity. (Do they? I'm not so sure... I have yet to know!)




Anyhow, I loved how I experienced twin towers. It was simply one of those memories, I am so sure I'd cherish in my graying days. The rain never stopped us. Funny how we made a short walk into the fountains and counted from one to three to look back and feel the magnificent twin towers. And truly, I am in awe.



Meanwhile, we took a cab which brought us to Titiwangsa park. I remembered the driver told me, "there is nothing much to see in there, you better try KL sentral" and I was like, "really?" and told myself, "why did bea and john lloyd's movie set in this place?" Only to find out exactly just why...

Early on, I was about to prepare my stone with the words, "IKAW PA RIN..." written on it. (Bea and Lloydie's movie- inspired haha) Though it never materialized, it is an honor to have stepped in to it, where the movie was being shot. (I felt like Bea Alonzo! lol)

The park was so huge and has a lake on it. The fountain was nice and even nicer is the serenity felt in and a bonus, the twin towers as the background with its reflection on the water's surface! I thought to myself, "the driver must've really missed the idea of peace and calmness while watching the birds up in the sky, the trees and grasses dancing in delight and the silence speaking to you as you sit by one of the benches". For me, the place was heaven. Three minutes would make me forget my burdens, my frustrations and perhaps, my lost love (as if? haha) Anyway, it is where mother nature would whisper how special I am to her.

On the other hand, anxiety is what I felt when we catch the plane back to SG on our third night. I was so worried we would be left by the plane and rode on a taxi from downtown to the airport. Gosh! We spent a fortune for it. But I couldn't afford losing more to rebook our flight. (I am traveling on a budget, for pete's sake!lol)

Again, as the saying, leave nothing but footprints, bring nothing but memories and take nothing but pictures... in a way, I felt that my stress has been left there as well, as I said hello to singapura again!

Supecalifragilistcescpialidocious Singapore! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend