nine months


Woohoo!

So I just came back from my homeland Davao.
NINE MONTHS…

Can you imagine? It’s like being pregnant and running away for people not to notice. It’s THAT long. It’s excruciating. Going home and seeing the place you used to go to, meeting hundreds of friends, bumping into familiar faces, bonding with the family and yes, some hope for some budding LOVE. (or okay, let’s cross out the latter)

I told you before… I am fascinated by the fact of coming home after a long time of being away. I am fascinated by the smell of airports back home coming from huge, ultra modern airports abroad. I am fascinated by being fetched some place else before coming home to Davao. I am fascinated by the changes that will surprise me. I am fascinated by HOME.

Happiness is knowing that even if you stayed long abroad, you always have a place to come home to, a place where love is immortal and where you know you are safe.

I was too excited to see my most favourite people and my most beloved BABY! Chino turned one year old the day I touched down Davao. NINE MONTHS… can you imagine?

What greeted me is the black taxi which offers debit card payments, isn’t it cool? Coming from Singapore, I feel like it’s a huge development (someday, I can go cashless too, just like what I do here). On the way home, I saw HUGE malls enveloping the city.

I was in awe, I never really imagined Davao to be bombarded by malls. (Knowing Davaoenos taste for things? Nah!) The streets were crowded with cars, like wow! Seriously? Davao is slowly becoming a giant awoken from its sleep. Strutting along big malls, I thought, how can a person of minimum wage buy stuffs from designer shops? I mean, you’ve got to be kidding me! How can it suffice a medium to high cost of living? There should be some equilibrium as to wage earned and the prices of goods, or else, malls will just be big rooms for walking and sitting, “airconditionally”!

I met a lot of good friends. Chatted about how life has been and the changes that transformed each one of us. Too bad, there were those, I haven’t been given the chance to meet. TIME CONSTRAINT. My highlight is going to BUDA and experiencing nature. It’s a short getaway from the city. As usual, I feel refreshed and rejuvenated each time I go there.

And why the crossed out portion above? Because HE CHICKENED OUT! Seriously?! Oh well, I think I found my match. I think I just bumped into him in this lifetime, want to make him my friend (but he doesn’t want), want to make him my sweetheart (yucks)… hmnn… we’ll see about that!

I can say that NINE LONG MONTHS was worth the wait. It’s like being pregnant, and giving birth to new hope, new opportunities.

Thank you Lord! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend