HER

I was able to watch “HER” last weekend, this is in effect of my being fanatic. Why, I was browsing through videos of K Pop idols and I have come across my new found fave K-pop idol’s her reality show. She mentioned that her favourite song as of the moment is the OST from HER. When she tried to have it aired, I can only listen to melancholy and solitude, it was intense.

She mentioned, the only way to appreciate the song is to watch the movie, and so I grew curious and hit play.

HER is a movie that generally speaks about Love and feelings of loneliness.

How do you cope with loneliness? The Kpop idol mentioned, she watches HER again and again.

Upon watching, I couldn’t help but think about the times when I felt lonely myself. That feeling when no one understands what I’m going through. That feeling when I look at the world around me and see colors yet I only stay loyal to being BLUE. That feeling when I’m surrounded by laughter and chitchats yet I feel the silence of emptiness crippling me like a drug.

Every now and then, I go through the phase of being lonely. There are times when I feel like sharing myself to someone but hesitates big time because I am not comfortable with it at all. It is a struggle to maintain a happy outlook on life especially on days that the challenges are too much, I retreat to being alone, silent and in the dark.

In the movie, the actor had an OS for a girlfriend because he felt that the personalized OS understood him in a way that no one else can. When his ex-wife knew, she told him that it is such a joke; it’s only an excuse because he cannot handle real emotions, and thus, the divorce.

Then it struck me, sometimes, is it really that? There are so many ways on how we cope with our overwhelming emotions and being able to share it virtually, to a stranger, to a notepad, is it like burying it to the unknown without properly dealing to the correct subject? I wonder.

Personally, I’d like to believe that loneliness is something that we go through so we can appreciate company. Coming from a family of few members, It is inevitable for me to be alone. I do things on my own, make ways for the things I want to achieve, getting things my way because I can get it faster, easier and less troublesome. I find it odd for people to stare at me just because I am eating alone in a two-seater foodcourt corner. I find it absurd for people to whisper, is she anti-social? Just because I am on my headset and roaming around the mall.

I think that coping up with loneliness is a personal thing. Because even if you are surrounded by lots and lots of crowd, you can still feel lonely plus, it’s really something that we work hard to overcome because it drags us down with its slow effects.

In the movie the actor writes very intimate and heart warming letters, perhaps he is an effective writer who writes sensitive letters because he has the depth of emotions that he can draw from. In the end, the movie escalates to the loss of the OS, as it has been pulled out from the market. He was devastated but he knew that the OS and him are two very different things that exist. The movie then ends up with him calling his ex-wife and saying sorry for all the things he has made to hurt the ex-wife.

It was a futuristic movie that presents the possibility of the innovation of computers and internet. To a degree, it has been happening, with the evolution of Wiis, Siri and etc, it is not impossible really. But with these developments, I think that challenge is still about how to be human. To deal with our own feelings, limitations and abilities.

Ahhhh.. To say the least, krystal Jung (the kpop idol) has a weird sense of movies. Haha I’d personally prefer Mission Impossible. Taken and the likes, not the melancholic, solitary HER. Haha


Oh well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend