Confessions of a Koreanovela addict

Nakakaadik,

Andito na naman tayo, bumabalik balik sa nakalipas.

Although aaminin kong namiss ko ang ganitong feeling. Yun bang manonood, makikilig at sympre nabibitin.
I used to feel that for so many korean dramas already. Nakakaadik.

Matagal tagal din akong nahinto. Work life, friends, internet… factors that kept me quite busy with life kaya hindi na ako nakakapanood. I was “high” on these dramas when I was in high school and a bit in my college life. I started working and I forgot that this used to be my pastime. Why? Because I went back to school and have been too busy going out.

My comeback was when I was here in SG. I have experienced numerous disappointments. Yung bang feeling na kelangang kelangan mo ng diversion. I tried to hit the gym, run my heart out, cook and magbalik loob sa aking mga self-acclaimed talents… then a friend introduced me to a new kdrama. Yung title, “You who came from the stars”. Yun na! Dun na nagsimula ang lahat.

I’ve been in a hiatus for a looooong time. Narehab na ako pero yun nga, addiction is something that is recurring. (Parang droga lang?) I enjoyed the drama so much that I get to dream of it. Ewan ko ba, when I’m hooked, I’m hooked and I even imagine it during my waking hours.

After the drama, I have come across so many more and I never stopped. Right now, I am into my last episode of My lovely Girl with Rain as the lead. (I missed oppa in fullhouse, my fave kdrama of all time). My friends teased me, jologs daw talaga yung mga hilig ko. They’ve been shoving “walking dead”, “game of thrones” and a good friend even downloaded the whole season of Gossip girl for me. Ewan ko ba, di ko talaga bet.

My housemates would camp out in the sala to watch the walking dead together, but I’d rather stay in my room and play deaf with my koreanovelas. (Not that I am anti social!) I don’t know. I don’t get why zombies try so hard to survive when they’re already dead. Haha I am mainly uninterested. Of course naman, I tried to join them with the walking dead marathon, but I always end up spacing out. I don’t see the blood, I see the colors, the outfit, and while they seemingly answer the guide questions for each episode, I was there merely looking but thinking about hitting the gym or sleeping. I just can’t focus on these rubbish zombies! Haha

Needless to say, English episodes (walking dead and the likes) bore me. It doesn’t catch too much of my attention, it’s just a normal form of entertainment, where I can either play or pass, and I chose PASS.

The thing about koreanovelas, totally makes you feel kilig. Although MOST of these dramas are too good to be true, I can’t help but feel hopeful and feel good about myself. Plus the outfits are cute and dainty. Truth is, koreanovelas are way too cute for real life. Where can you see a kiss that lasts for minutes with just a lip to lip action? Not a single movement? The cameras are just zoomed into both lips and there you have it, the guy just confessed he loves the girl. You better not expect for more than that.
You’d feel thrilled for another kissing scene but wait, news is, it’s not gonna happen for the next three episodes or more. They just limit it to hugging! Haha

Koreanovelas spark attention because it makes you wait up for the next episode. They have strategically cut out the finest moment at the end of each episode so that you will have no choice but to continue to the next. You cannot seem to get enough. I have been watching a lot and the more I realized that the plots are the same, it only matter with the lead. And when they put up a new face, you’d begin to be curious and you’d google it for yourself. Oh the actress is a member of a girl group, browse, click, scan… she’s cute! Then you’d realize, I love to watch more, why are they limiting this drama to 16 episodes only?

Believe me, I have been a victim of these effective strategies. Not that I am complaining but I loved it.

Andami ko nang napanood, nasaksihan, napuyat na nga ako sa kakagoogle. Even behind the scenes, pinapatos ko na, which lead me to my idea of visiting Seoul. While most of these dramas are simple-storied. Yung bang kalrung klaro ang plot, wala masyadong twist, I find that these are the more enjoyable ones. Why, because you watch these dramas to kill time, to be transported to a new world, to divert attention... and fortunately, these are very successful tools. DI mo na kelangan magi sip, sinong pumatay kay sino, sinong kumuha ng kung ano. Ang lead guy will most often (if not always) end up with the lead girl. Ganun lang.

At dahil nga ganyan ka simple, siyempre maiisip mo din na ang lead guy ng buhay mo, would end up with you. Kasi nga wala naming iba pa sa storya ng buhay mo, ikaw lang. At dahil dun, nakakaginhawa, nakakasigla.. haha


Di ko alam hanggang kelan na naman tung addiction ko. Hihinto din to for sometime but of course, bumabalik balik.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend