catharsis


So I handed my resignation after a long deliberation.

It felt weird because the moment I gave the letter, I thought, “why did I take so long to just do it?” A sigh of relief escaped me. I felt light. I felt free.

I never expected that I’d feel much more alive now that I’m leaving.

The catharsis felt bigger than the worries of being jobless.

It is a liberating feeling to be removed from the shackles. I think I lost 5 years of my age! :D

Perhaps because there’s nothing really left more to do than to move on. I always mentioned about maximizing my potentials but I am not doing anything to make it happen and when I mustered the courage, it’s like a new door has finally opened to me.

Also, I ended my tenure on a lighter note. I was satisfied to come this far.
I have done everything I could, I did my best in every possible way.
I have paid my dues and for that, I have no regrets.
It is in knowing that some things are really not for you and you have to let go than force yourself in, thereby, disallowing growth.

I ended my tenure in knowing that it is the right time.
I was not dismissed, I was not in bad blood with anyone, I was not in a bad position to call it quits, rather, I made that choice and in doing so, I made an effort to salvage and try harder first before I decided to let go.

I am grateful that I was given the chance and I am extremely honoured to last for almost seven years. I am no quitter and I know in my heart that I was loyal enough to last for long.

I will bring home the countless memories that I have made, the indomitable values and lessons that I learned thru sweat and tears. As a woman, my experience empowered me. It tested my limits and stretched beyond my imagination, the will that I have in me.

My resignation was not thought overnight. I did went through a lot of hardships and struggles, extreme stress and anxiety and depression. But when I think about how far I’ve come from battling it all singlehandedly, I deserve a pat in the back that says, “you’ve done well.”

Now that I am free of this work commitment, I am happy to engage myself on new activities that I was too busy to even try before. I am looking forward to new things that I’m going to learn and having the time to do what I want.


My peace of mind and zest for life is priceless and no money can ever tap that. And for that, I will live well from here on.  Aja!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend