extension of myself

The truest person next to you would be a sister.

I have triumphed so many hurdles in my life because I knew I was not alone.
I can go on pursuing my dreams with no guarantee of succeeding because I know someone will always have my back.
I can try so many things without having to worry because I will always have a home to come home to.

I am blessed.
I am blessed enough to have the chance to go out to the world and chase ever-changing horizons because no matter what, there will always be someone to back me up. It doesn’t even matter if I win or lose, what matters is I tried.

In my many attempts to go after what I want, I failed countless of times.
People have the tendency to mock people who fail at something as if they know better.
But in my failures, I have gained so much more PERHAPS more than if I succeeded.
In my failures, I have learned to stand up, to dust it all off and attempt climbing again.

I know I have not arrived at my destination yet, but in the process of arriving, I have conquered multiple heights.
Greater avenues to discover my own weaknesses and empowering myself to try changing the negatives to more of the positives, and if not, I would have no urgency to control what is beyond my control.

I have days that I am productive and days that I just want to lay in bed all day and do nothing.
I have days where life is better and days where I look forward to better days.
My struggles are constant like a machinery working to keep the wheels moving.
And just like a path, I can only pray that there would be more plains than bumpy ones.

I am thankful to my hardworking support system who puts me in my place whenever I become consumed by these merciless demons clouding my judgment. I am thankful to my sister for always giving me light when darkness overshadows me. With my sister, I am at ease that she always have my best interest at heart, and that no matter what, our bond is stronger than all the bad decisions that envelop me.


I trust no one but myself, but an extension is always a better idea. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend