masterpiece

“I worry about you” , says my sister who seem to have the biggest worry on Earth and it’s about me.

“Worry about yourself”, I countered.

I obviously know how my family is reacting to my being single.
They worry about me getting unhitched for the rest of my life.
Tell you what, I have the same worry too especially before I reach 30.

I mean, all my colleagues are hitched, or okay there’s probably 1 in the office who is as unhitched as I am but she’s got a steady boyfriend perhaps waiting for the right time to propose… Most of my closest friends are either married or super moms… Most of my batchmates are in the same boat as my closest friends… generally, majority of the people I come in contact with are married or engaged.

At one point, I had felt a bit left out. I got scared of the idea of not being able to be married at all, and having no children whatsoever…

It took me a lot of effort to persist in thinking about only the positive and focusing more on myself. Thank God for wisdom!

I have come across different stories about life in general and the value of waiting. More than the worries, I am excited about my life and how my love story unfolds.

I have accepted that my love may come late compared to others and that’s okay.
I just have to marvel at my experiences, the season that I am in and enjoy it to the fullest.
Life is short and I don’t want to have it more shortened by worrying about the unknown.

I do love pleasant surprises, and I am always in for the experience.
I’d love to look at my life in a colourful manner… I mean, waiting for the ONE should not stop me from doing what I love, and I’m doing it independently, as always.

My body clock would not stop even if I worry about my love life, doesn’t it?
So why worry?

I vowed to maximize what I can do. I want to be a woman who is capable, undeterred by predicaments, no matter how blurry my love life looks like.
I vowed to always pursue greatness and not be bounded by the people’s idea of what my life should look like.

Afterall, I am my own painter. I paint with colors despite the grays and blacks that this society presents me. As an artist,  I worry about nothing because every work I do is a masterpiece. My life itself, is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend