walang ka Paris

When I think about Paris…

I can still recall the feeling of alighting in Trocadero and climbing the stairs to have the magnificent view that the Eiffel was.

It was my first night in Paris and it was windy at 6pm.
There were so many people in that specific area, kids, couples, elders and people like me.
Some may be locals bringing their tourist friends and most are tourists, just finding their way and making time to marvel at the scenery.

From end to end, people are taking pictures, chatting, laughing.
I stood there in awe. I almost pinch my arm, I still can’t believe I was there.

You see, I used to just fantasize about being in Paris. Who wouldn’t?
I used to watch “Lovers in Paris” and really love the idea that I’d be able to find love in Paris just like Vivian haha
Then here comes, “KC loves Paris”, whereby she showcased a glimpse of her life while studying in Paris.
I loved it even more when I saw “Midnight in Paris” and all the movies and events Paris has been mentioned.
I can go on naming anything I can associate with Paris and this post wouldn’t end.
But one thing’s for sure, it’s was ONE BIG dream. 

Paris was an IMPOSSIBLE dream.
It’s a far-fetched idea to be there because, let’s face it, it’s expensive.
The air ticket + pocket money? I need to be wealthy to get there.

But circumstances brought me to a different angle. One does not need to be wealthy to be there.
I should know, I was there.

Paris was beyond my imagination. It was totally what I wanted to see.
The structure, the food, the French, even the manholes were very much what I would like to see.
When I went to Jardin des Tuileries, I just couldn’t stop myself from being amazed.
The well- manicured trees, the fountain in the middle of the garden, the ferris wheel on one side and the Louvre on the other, I mean, it’s surreal!

I saw couples holding hands and some going in for some serious kissing scenes ( I wanted to stare! LOL) but you know what? It just felt all natural to do all those things there because it seems like Paris was made for that.
I almost grew jealous and wondered about my partner as well. Haha

We climbed the stairs on our way to Montmarte and somehow we saw a glimpse of their residences.
The alleys were truly small but the cafes were more than enough to accommodate anyone in.

I’ve never seen such a place with so many cafes. Literally in every corner, and that makes me think that probably, French people do like to have a lot of down time.

Paris was my first and last stop in my European leg and I couldn’t be happier.

When I think of Paris, it gives me this unexplainable joy.
Perhaps a sense of achievement? A tinge of unending excitement? Or even this inordinate amount of gratitude that I was actually able to achieve a dream.

A girl like me? I can only dream and list it as a bucketlist.
To be able to tick it out of the bucket?
I feel like I’m graduating as a dreamer and totally became more of an achiever. HAHA



When I think of Paris, I still have my heart beat faster and that familiar scent of excitement still envelops me. I think of my future love and all these sensations coming through me, could it be? Love would be much stronger than this?

haha


Forgive me. :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend