reasonable

Simplifying my life by quitting unnecessary habits that pull down my art of saving.

But really, what is there to quit?
I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, I eat in minimum.
Do I even shop?

I’m evaluating where I could possibly save a few bucks more.
And it says, quit traveling.

Sigh.

The thing is, it’s my simple joy.
It energizes me as if it is a reset button. It’s a booster. It’s the thing that I look forward to, esp in my most difficult position.
If I quit it, I don’t think I’ll be happy.

Others who don’t know me think of me as “high maintenance” and really, I laugh at this term.
My choices are fairly well. I’d love luxury if I can afford it, maybe once in a while? But if not, then as long as it is “presentable”.

My mom was a wise spender. When I was a kid, she’d never buy very cheap items that only last half a year and you need to throw it out. She’d buy one quality product with rather “reasonable” price and it would last longer than those cheap ones. I seem to get that idea. My choices are not that cheap but reasonable.

In travels, I choose reasonable accommodations which give me peace of mind and safety. Being too thrifty in travels has its risks and I just don’t want to risk my life or my health for it. It’s just not worth it.

Nowadays, I’m thinking of modest ways on how to really save up without compromising what I love.
I believe that these little things in life are necessary. You may spend up a few hundred on it, but the joy and the experience are priceless.

My art of saving is not about accumulating so much more in this world, it’s about a preparation for rainy days. I am the type who does not want to burden anyone, or asks someone help…
My type of person is that who is independent and self-reliant. Simplifying my life now means providing for myself in the future.


It’s a long way to go! Aja!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend