christmases

Christmas is already here. Four days? Wow. So fast.

This Christmas is very memorable. This is my first Christmas away from home and with my heart left in Davao. Who would’ve thought that 2011 is this mixed and radical?

I just had this all for the adventure, quite frankly, something that is quite temporary. You know, when the youth in you feels a lot more adventurous and almost rebellious. Not that I am deprived of freedom. It’s the nature of the early twenties I guess. I first thought about two months break after resigning from work… will have fun, try new things, enrol myself to new hobbies. Learn how to drive. And when I get tired, I’ll seek a job of my liking. Boom!

After almost two months of this unknown adventure, I got myself a job and everything was life changing. I have to live self- sufficiently. I do things my way, I cook, I do the laundry, I clean, I think of my tomorrows, pre occupied with what to cook, when to do the laundry, stocks in the fridge, groceries.

Seriously, I never really imagined of it this way. Although I did my Pros and Cons back home, planning thoroughly for this new adventure, it still does not suffice the everyday routine that I have to conquer. But then again, I thank God for this chance. I will never know how independent I am if not for this chance. I am grateful that I am exposed to this experience as it made me realize the value of the essentials in my life.


Who would’ve thought it’s this lonely? Who would’ve thought it’s this difficult? Who would’ve thought it’s this challenging? But who would’ve thought first sweldo is sweet? That language barrier is bothersome but funny? That culture is dynamic? That I can buy new clothes without converting to peso? LOL


But as I celebrate Christmas in this foreign land with this funny foreign emotion, I would take this opportunity to thank all the people who have made this adventure possible. Christmas when I was younger is far more superficial so Christmas at this age, is more of the deep, insightful and personal appreciation of the things and people I have in my life.

Christmas this year is truly different from my previous Christmases back home. Nonetheless, Christmas is always God in my heart.

Merry Christmas! 


With love from Singapura,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend