migraine

Ever since, I am plagued by this damned Migraine.

Regardless of the plans I make for the day, whenever I have Migraine, I really need to lie down and halt my activities. I feel like I’ve abused my body so much that it ultimately fights back.

I am a strong, independent woman who is able to fend for herself but Me having a migraine makes me so baby-ish. I’d like people to take care of me. Prepare my bed, get me water and the meds etc. In a way, it makes me vulnerable. It makes me want to depend on other people without feeling awkward.
It’s a perfect excuse! LOL

Kidding aside, while I loathe having migraine because it makes me less of an independent woman, on the flip side, having a migraine makes me humble and re-evaluate what is essential to my life.

When I have migraine, I feel the desire to give up everything and just sleep. In that moment, everything just fades. The new hauls for my next ootd (char!), the newly released drone that I just got and need to test or even the thoughts of backpacking all around Europe, they all become just fragments and do not add weight to what it valuable in my life.

Whenever I have migraine, I can’t think of anything but to be well. To be okay. To be better. To sleep it off and wake up brand new.

I do think that my Migraine reminds me of how important it is to value every minute of my life. It reminds me to appreciate being well and having the health to do my activities but at the same time, to never abuse my body. Having a migraine makes me appreciate the people around me because yeah, No man’s an island. It makes me put my perspectives in a proper order.

What is precious in my life?
It solidifies that it’s the little things, the wild abandon of people’s opinions, the surrender to faith, the family.


Ultimately,  I am reminded of these things as often as having a migraine! And it happens almost every month! It sucks but rocks?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend