semper fidelis.

You get the level of satisfaction in knowing that you have made the most out of the situation.

I am grateful that I was able to enjoy my youth in Singapore.
I feel proud in knowing that I have spent years working like a cow, saving, even a little and travelled as far as my imagination. It made my twenties a lot worthwhile.

So when someone says, what are your achievements? I can’t think of anything that makes me so happy than traveling to places by my own means. Sure I did not get a double degree or a Masters or a Licence at a certain field but what are those when I feel happy just by the pictures and memories that I have accumulated?

When I look back, I’d like a pat on my back and say that I did well. I have endured the harshest of winds--- mostly alone. And I have never known how strong I was until being strong is the only thing I’m left with. I was never the type who calls my parents whenever I have problems because I feel like I am worrying them and doing it on my own, I feel like I’ve succeeded in mentally strengthening myself. I discovered that I am a fighter whilst the niceties.

Whenever I think about this episode in my life, I feel happy, thankful and sad. Sad for the obvious reason that this moment right here will never be rewind. My memories here are solid because it was a memory on which I was on a boat and paddled my way to and from the shore--- by myself.


I’d like to believe that I had my grandest time here. No regrets, just love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend