conflict

Pee!

The buzz I received from my former officemate. And I was like, “Hi te! How are you?: ))” then she replied, “I have something to share” And I said “Ok, wassup? Is A having a lil bro/sis coming out?” Then she said, “hahaha di ka pa rin nagbabago Pee, that’s why I miss you”

Awww.. so sweet!, I thought to myself. Then she told me what she wanted to share. As I read it after I came back from the mall, it was really a long message, sent in three instalments. I later learned that, there has been a conflict between her and the new girl Friday. My jaw dropped. It never happened before.

Anyway, my point of realization is that, more and more, I am convinced that new hires are different from the former generations. New breeds are stronger, bolder and more vocal than the previous ones. (Or was it that previous are breeds of coward rats?)

Or maybe, our batch was different. We were very much timid, shy and very submissive to superiors. Whenever we commit mistakes, we have this shaky feeling of telling the truth and accepting the punishment. Funny thing, we always find ourselves lost when we’re called. For example, when the boss calls my attention like “Pee, punta ka nga dito” I jus find myself bothered, almost dropping everything so I can hurry towards the boss as if I have committed a mortal sin. You may tell I am an ass-kisser. But if you conclude that, then our batch is. (Because the 4 of us from the same batch are like that)

Whenever we’re told about the mistakes, we keep silent. We don’t try to reason out. We just listen. (Yes, ganyan ka lala.) Personally, I just feel na kahit anung gawin ko, a mistake is really a mistake, I can not make palusot and if I will, I am not good at it, I’ll just end up adding insult to injury. So better shut up, the more talk the more mistakes.

Plus, I have low self esteem pa man din. (feeling ko lang) I don’t think I can assume accountability when I push someone to his/her limit, alam ko naman kasi ang ending ako lang din ang masisira. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or maybe, it’s really cowardice. Sometimes kasi kahit feeling ko tama ako, I just don’t voice out para din a humaba yung usapan. End of conversation agad. But ang sakit sa puso, mind you.

Anyway, the new girl sought the advice of his brother and the bro even went to the area to know who his sissy was talking about. That, I find disturbing. Professional adults don’t meddle with younger sissy’s ordeal unless he’s involved in the workplace. It’s kinda off to me. (it’s not as if her sissy was suffering from bullying) I think that as consenting adults, working in a professional world, we have individual capacity to defend ourselves without the help of others if we’re really into the truth.

Pero yun na nga, di naman kasi natin hawak ang mga isip ng isa’t isa. I can shout Foul and no one wants to listen so I seek out the help of a bigger image. But I can also stay calm and composed, adjusting to changes and people around me. The latter was more of me. Endure. Endure. Endure…

Basta whatever it is, I have learned that I should learn to appreciate the people around me. Coming from different family backgrounds, different cultures and beliefs, I believe that my mission is to understand than be the one to be understood. hehe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend