my wish for you

Geez!

Things have changed. I am thinking, Oh, I am really a grown up. And whenever I think about them, I always feel I need to set my priorities to get things done.

Am I putting too much pressure on myself? Apparently, yes.

I realized I need to endure whatever it is that I am into ‘cause I am not living and earning for myself alone. I have people who need my help and support; I have kids who need to be sent to school. Not that I am bringing the whole weight to my sexy back, No. I just thought, whatever my decision is, there are people to be directly affected by it.

I am really coming in to maturity (as far as I know). Now, when I talk to my kid cousins, it won’t end unless I tell him to do good, avoid evil, study harder, keep away from bad influences, never try smoking and yes, even to NO TO GIRLFRIENDS. No, I am not bitter, that’s beside the point but I am the older sister they never had. LOL

Not that I am against relationships or love-love thing, I just want them to focus to what should be done. Just last night, I found him (my cousin) hanging along facebook at almost 12MN, I told him “Chang, what are you doing? It’s so late, you better go home!” He just said, “termpaper te” My doubtful self budged in I told him “Termpaper on a prom week, how believable is that?” Then he said “yes te, haven’t passed yet” and the chat ended. I think he logged out. May bukas ka rin!

The next day, I messaged him, “who’s your teacher? I will ask him/her regarding this paper” Then, he replied “si Ma’am ganito..” All I said was, “ah, okay” ‘cause in other occasion when I know the teacher, I would’ve really asked (I was from HCDC too so I would know) but to cut the story short, I opted to tell mother to look after Tak’s oras ng uwian. We wouldn’t want him to be nabbed or attacked by gangsters do we?

I am that. I am makulit and strict when it comes to them. My sissy and I had a meeting with our kid cousins. My sissy asked “So girl, unsa imu gusto isulti kay Tachang og Kenneth?” I just told them, “Please please please value education. It’s not cheap. And please Chang, don’t you ever, ever engage yourself to any vice or when you get your gf pregnant while studying, I will really cease to support. Take this from me and bear in mind, I do not give second chances. I decided to support you, intend to give as much as I can but do not…I warn you… do not try me.” And then, I stopped talking. I hope they got what I mean.

I am very considerate but I do not tolerate. Those are two different things. I hate gimmicks and I hate investing without an ROI. What’s the point? If wala man lang makuha from it, why invest? I can spend the money to have fun anyway. What I meant with ROI was something that I can see, I know a hardworking student when I see one. Though I don’t demand high grades to be seen on cards, I just want na mapasa ang subjects, yun lang yun. I don’t ask for too much. But if high grades are achieved, I will be very glad to give a reward. (Kasi ganyan ako nung nag aaral ako. My parents never required me to have 90 etc, and whenever I end the school year with flying colors then I have something as a reward hehe)

So there, I only have one wish for them, let it be known, all I wanted for them is to have a good life. Whatever problem, doubts or trouble that bothers them, though I am far away from home, I am here lang naman. I am just a chat away.

And as for me, this is a breakthrough. I am holding responsibility somehow. I am treading a lifelong decision. (oh it might be years for them to graduate but my time is also limited so lifelong sya) I know, this is never easy. But for me, Education is a very important factor for a good life, today and in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend