Have you ever felt as if you’re not matured enough?

I met few of my high school friends last night. We had the usual kumustahan, asking how things are and how life is for them here in SG. We had a very fun chitchat about experiences and Q&A about some things past in HS. Then of course, the usual updates of the other batchmates.

After about 8years, narealize kong andaming nagbago. Totoo pala talaga, academic excellence doesn’t always guarantee you a fruitful life like what we envisioned. Kasi naman, when I was a kid, my mum would tell me, mas okay kung honor ka or with high grades para paggraduate mo, you’ll land in a job na maganda at di masyadong mahirap…

I agree. Totoo yun. Having academic awards help you land in quite a good and promising job but… it’s your attitude and patience that will make you stay in that job. I realized more than anything, guts is an important element in achieving your dreams. Yun bang, kahit hinindian ka na or nireject ng bongga, there’s still this feeling na momentary lang yung rejection, that sooner or later, you’ll be accepted din.

You know what’s weird? Talking to my HS mates last night opened my eyes to the fact na my wisdom falls short with theirs. Iba. I feel na yung maturity ko hindi pa ganun ka lawak as compared to theirs. I am not having this comparison kasi di ko naappreciate yung pagka ako, not that. I just thought na iba yung lessons na nalelearn mo through experiences, sobrang lawak, deep, and I almost felt I am quite childish. Kulang.

Then I also felt na kahit yung career ko, I haven’t really had the willingness to learn more. I have this tendency to be just comfortable with what I am given kaya I feel burdened pag may bagong iniinput sakin. Mali yun, that’s surely a stagnating factor for me. Yung potentials ko, di masyadong namamaximize at na feel ko last night na kulang ako sa knowledge. Modesty aside, way back in HS, I belonged to the top 1% of the graduating class. And now, parang ako yung salimpusa sa kanila. Parang they seem to know more than I do.

Even my prized banking experience, napag usapan naming kagabi yung equities and also fluctuating interest on bank loans for major investments such as the house loans, I am shocked to know, I don’t know anything about it. I just kept silent sa duration ng topic. And I was like, Oh my! What significant lesson did I learn from my previous job? Sobrang comfortable lang ba talaga ako sa counting 1-100? Suddenly, nagflash yung supposed to be a notch higher offer for me way back, and just like an employee who dares to be comfortable with a typewriter rather than a computer, I refused. I told my boss back then that I am not yet ready to be groomed.

Alam mo yun?

There’s so much to learn, I’ll just have to be open. Maturity naman doesn’t come overnight. As long as naiendure yung present, the future will take its course. Aja!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend