to wed

Weddings.

The same odd, biting intense feeling that I always get… Envy?

You know, that moment when a friend or an acquaintance finally decides to take a vow and you have received an invitation from them? That moment when you walk by the mall and saw them together holding hands, so natural, so real and so happy and you think a couple of times whether to greet them or pass them by so as not to spoil their moments?

I am not rushing to marriage but I always get this feeling of hope for myself whenever I hear or see someone changing their status to married from being in a relationship, even in Facebook.

My friends tell me, in order to stop yourself from feeling that way, be in a relationship. That’s it. Bull’s eye. Huh, as if it’s that simple.

To be real, I really feel happy for people who are about to the tie the knot or have just tied the knot but also, I feel sorry for myself. LOL. Believe me, sometimes I get really sentimental on wedding videos, I mean, this world is composed of seven billion people and to find your one true match, spending the rest of your life together… it’s a miracle!

Or maybe I am just being ideal. Most girls my age would think about being in a relationship a couple of times to know if it works for them and specific guys. Some, (I am not bashing) are getting into relationships just to feel secured with themselves and the idea of having someone. To say the least, there is nothing wrong with that. I am not against someone having a boyfriend for company and prestige (if that’s the case). All I am saying is that, I don’t think I can live with that setup.

I am too free to limit myself just because someone tells me this or that. I enjoy independence and individuality. I believe that a woman whose worth a great man is a woman who knows herself well and is confident about who she is. You might think it might be an excuse of young, independent single girls out there who never really had a prospect or an existing suitor, at least. But I am telling you what, it is not.

The more I see the world, (as mentioned in Date a girl who travels) the more I realize that I want someone who I can come home to. Home. The feeling of security, comfort and love. I don’t need a passing fancy. I don’t need someone who’s in just for company. I want a lifetime, growing and fruitful relationship built with trust and love. It’s that or nothing.

My friend suggested just I just go on take a man who woes me just to know if it works. Trial and Error. My mind tells me, it’s quite logical to consider, see if love blossoms, but then the bigger problem rests in this stubborn heart. I feel I need to at least have this rapid beating first before I come and commit myself to anyone. (Romantic Principle)

I might be wrong in what I believe in. It might not work for me, the waiting game is just so looooooong. But then again, what’s there to rush about? Weddings might be very appealing. And perhaps, MY Wedding would be the biggest event in my life but it’s just a wedding. What I truly want to achieve is marriage… A marriage like my parents’!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend