saving

Savings?

The thing I aim to do but seem to be so unachievable.

Alright, working abroad gives you a chance to really achieve your constant dream of saving and saving but guess what? Girls like me always end up broken hearted out of failing to set aside even a portion of the earnings.

Why is it so hard to attain? I have literally and figuratively figured out why.

One, after receiving the hard earned salary, the mood is high; I feel like going into malls, maybe, eat something fancy or buy something nice to “reward” myself from working so hard for the whole month.

That “reward” is supposed to be done once but I find it very satisfying to reward myself again and again for enduring my struggles here. So then, the “rewarding” becomes a series, made out as a justifying circumstance for the purchase or payment of goods and food.

Two, my security as to have more than enough money in Dollars rather than deposit it in peso to my peso account is very absorbing, thereby, helping me set aside most of it, making me momentarily happy, calculating how this money can also be part of my contingency plan so when things get difficult, it could help me anytime. But I end up, spending it any moment I feel like buying or eating extra expensive stuffs.

Three, Needless to say… Discounts and 70% off sales get much of my attention. I feel like a winner each time I buy 30% of its original price. How stupid can I be when I know it’s only a marketing strategy? Still, I am thrilled by it.

Four, I hate to admit that my reasoning is too strong; I can justify my acts of purchase. I am not like anybody else who can purchase items that easily, most of the time, I have this mini-dialogue that goes in and about my head for minutes, “Is it a need or a want?” but then again, this smart ass of the mind always finds its ways to conjure reasons why it’s a need. So I end up buying.

Five, Life is short. Boo! Life is so short as to limit myself to small joys. Life is too short as to punish myself whether I refuse to buy as a whole or buy something much cheaper as a substitute but in the end, I will regret. So then, I buy what I like, what I really really like even if it costs me half as much as the ordinary, common ones.

Saving is never my best friend. For a moment, I thought I am wise enough to control my finances but then again… Life is short, I end up gratifying what I thought is a justified need. BOO!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend