Tequila Shot

ID?

And I searched for my IC as the big guy asked for it. A and J already showed theirs, and mouthed, “do we look super young?” I just laughed.

Wow! I thought to myself, even though I am nearing my silver anniversary in twenty days’ time, do I still look below 18? Alright, I may be delusional about thing ‘teenager look’ but hey, I find it really comforting.

Why, the people working in the bank, usually don’t look their age, the air conditioner might have made wonders and their looks (most of them) are younger than their actual age. So when I stepped out of the bank, I thought, my skin would sag, I will be losyang. (Bad idea!)

Anyway, so the big guy, in his black attire, bald head and huge frame asked for my ID just when it’s nowhere to be found. He then asked, “how old is she?” A and J said in duet, “we’re of the same age!”

We entered the bar, the name’s “Shanghai Dolly” and yes, too Chinese, that they play Chinese disco songs. The singers were Chinese, the dancers though kinda dark looked Korean. We headed to claim drinks’ coupon and made our way towards the center of the crowd.

Funny, I felt really under the underdressed (if there’s a term). I mean we were uniquely dressed with our office attire; Anna and I are in white shirt with our usual pants and J, who just came from yoga is in her casual shorts and nice blouse.

The three of us, we never planned ahead about last night’s event. We just had dinner at Suntec and A suggested that since it’s Wednesday, we just grab the chance to join the ladies’ night somewhere in Clarke Quay.

So we strode down the MRT and hopped in straight to CQ. From there, J guided us to her favorite bar, (according to her it’s the more organized bar in that area). We entered and there goes the “How old is she?”

If I were not busy finding my ID, I would’ve asked him to guess. But then, I was also afraid, he’ll say more than 25! LOL

We ended the night: exhausted. As in, we tried to reach for the last train to our place so we ran a kilometre or two, take note, we had three drinks prior to the running thing. So, I ran with my heart pumping as fast as it could, my breath as heavy as it can and my feet, as jumpy as it was.




In general, What a FUN, SPONTANEOUS and LESS FAB night it was! :P



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend